Monday, December 30, 2019

28: New Year, Old Me

2019 will definitely go down as one important milestone year of my life. 

Started off the year at the highest point of my life, literally, back in EBC. And just like the trek, life was full of ups and downs this one fruitful year. 

I passed my 2B exams, and got myself a Vespa;
Owned my first (one-quarter share) of a property;
Got selected into the national (Beach Handball) team and was even on the shortlist to make SEAGames;
Learnt surfing, skiing and snowboarding;
Captained a sport (dragonboat) that I had picked up for just slightly over a year;
Lived in the fantasy world surrounded by Manta Rays and Whale Sharks in Maldives;
Won my first NHL match (with Dreamers); 
Finally saw a hint of 6-pecs after hitting the gym regularly and eating clean, going down to 73.8kg; and most importantly, 
Traveled with the largest fam contingent ever to Dalian

On the other hand, 
I’ve failed to secure a spot to eventually make it to SEAGames after sustaining a chest injury that saw me out of action for 2 months;
Health hit a lowest point after numerous gout attacks and insomnia, almost always at critical moments; 
And most unfortunately,
I lost a 7-year relationship with one of the nicest girl I’ve ever known in my life. 

All that. But the biggest literal takeaway for 2019 has got to be my ever critical, hyper rational, robotic, but ever patient, hyper real, and super loving girl. We came full circle, after knowing each other for 11 years. Never have I, in my wildest dream, thought that someday I would be together with this girl. But we did. 




And that sums up a dramatic decade full of ups and downs. Started the decade trying to get over who I thought was the LOML, completed what would be the most gruelling two years of my life (so far), partied hard, got a scholarship for which bond I am still serving it’s final months, started and fell in love with diving, spent the best years of my life in Uni, started work, met, dated, almost settled down, and finally broke off a 7-year relationship with a girl, bought a house (sort of), a bike, bought myself the biggest present ever (Invisalign), and now, just before the decade ends, living my happily ever after with the one and uni. 

And in all these chapters, I’m eternally thankful for the  
friends and my family who have always stood by. 

Goodbye 2010s. Towards a better 2020s. We go again!